Authored by John Beehner, founder of Wise Counsel, a process for Christian Entrepreneurs and author of the new best seller “The Freedom Revolution...Rocking our World.”

Friday, February 17, 2012

He Always Wins by Phyllis Robshaw

We can’t really realize and appreciate that we have freedom until we see that we need release from something.  It is easy to think of our salvation experience as a picture of that. O how He has set us free!

I have been a passionate follower of Jesus for over 40 years and am continually humbled by how much I still have to learn. I know that life comes at you in seasons and thought I had walked through some of the lowest lows and highest highs in those seasons already. I felt “seasoned” by experience.  When the tactics of the enemy encroached on my life as I was well aware that he would, the approach was so different and so strong that for the first time I was actually totally disabled. Under the oppression that hit me, I lost “me” for a season…my praise, vision, joy, energy, smile, laugh and strength shrunk in massive proportions. I had long ago learned that praise defeats the enemy but my heart was so beat I found it hard to be free to truly praise. I knew how to claim truths and pray scripture and wait for God to move in mighty ways but now I was unable.    

Being a housemom to 7 teen girls in a Christian children’s home, I spent every night praying with these precious girls and claiming the very things I needed to hear over them. They never knew my internal battle.  Such a surreal feeling, when I was so beat down. It felt like I was watching myself from above when I prayed over the girls. At the time, no comfort, release or freedom seemed to be mine. My husband and I were on this journey together and he was praying for me and watching me in this process of being thrown into a prison of sorts. I needed freedom from the oppression that was upon me. Right when it felt like I literally wouldn’t make it another day, a huge door opened and God released me/us from the circumstances of the oppression. I remember myself saying to the girls, “God is never late, always on time and cares about every desire of your heart. His thoughts about you outnumber the grains of sand on the earth.”  

SO true!  We love to bike ride in our gorgeous seaside town. Last week, we rode to the bayfront and sat on our favorite bench. The water was perfectly glassy and a group of seagulls looked like they were at a seagull spa right in front of us. …splashing, bathing, cooing, fully enjoying the calm water. I heard the Lord in the quietness of my heart say, “Enjoy this season of refreshing and freedom. I wasn’t late. I heard. I will not waste a moment of your life.” Praise in my heart has tripled in the 6 weeks since that freedom came. I am drinking in the Word of God like I have always loved to do again. I am sharpened and refined in new ways. I am rejoicing over what God did in spite of the oppression that blanketed me. I see miracles in the lives of our girls!

The enemy seeks to kill, steal and destroy and when we are sold out to God he is relentless in the attack. If you are under that attack in this season of your life in serving the Lord, don’t believe what you feel, think or see…believe what you know…God is faithful! He IS there in the midst of your circumstances and He WINS every time!   

Today's guest author is Phyllis Robshaw.  Phyllis has a passion for praying the Word on paper and believing the promises within it! She has been involved in lay ministry and formal ministry working with children, teens and college students alongside her husband Billy for over 30 years.  They have 2 married children and 3 grandchildren who are part of building up the Body of Christ in the U.S. and AU. 

2 comments:

  1. AMEN! What an awesome article. Yes, Jesus wins every time! May He continue to bless you abundantly as you follow Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement! This is such a wonderful journey....so challenging and good. I am thankful and press on as one in the body of Christ...together we carry a mighty cause...HIS PURPOSES...He is the answer for every question. May you be greatly encouraged today as you are his hands and feet right where you are.

      Delete